22 August, 2010

Indigenous Place-Making Symposium





















Photo by Louis Porter
A couple of months ago I did some work with the University of Melbourne to help out on a very important symposium on the practises, processes and politics of Indigenous place-making.  I was taking photos of the speakers and attendants and was also fortunate enough to be able to sit in on the event.  Creating an indigenous place in Melbourne is such an important and complex undertaking and it is something I am not even going to attempt to explain with my limited knowledge and understanding of the subject.  But it is something I would like people to know about and perhaps also try and find out about.  I wasn't able to put any of the pictures I took up on this blog but I have attached a link here about the event and what it entailed for those that are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment