30 March, 2011

Collage Kids


It's been a long time between posts, but I only have one person to blame for that.  And that's my sister. She just got married.
But I am back on track  with my creative endeavours and to ease my way into it I started with some collages.  Inspired by my lovely friend Colin Trechter of People Collective (who recently exhibited his collage skills in an exhibition of PC's work) I lugged my bunch of old books to his place and got stuck into this most satisfying of crafts.



Despite having only one gluestick, one scalpel and the tiniest ruler known to man between the two of us, we managed to whip up a few pieces in just a couple of hours.  I think that the steady supply of sweet treats, soda water and old records to listen to helped keep me focussed on the task at hand. 

My advice for those of you who want to get into the collage scene (and let me tell you, it's a pretty crazy scene): 
- Keep it simple, complication only leads to confusion in a collage
- Buy a scalpel and a normal sized ruler
- Ensure you clean out your local op shop of National Geographics, as they are a WEALTH of images
- Keep it clean

4 comments:

  1. Interesting images, I really like that last one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous stuff... when are you going to start selling all this and become rich and famous?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you can figure out a way to make money of this stuff PLEASE enlighten me L!
    ps thanks Margs- they accidentally can turn pretty dark... It's the 70s National Geos. Dark times. ;)

    ReplyDelete